Marantz Receiver Setup - Models 2018 up
First run a basic mic setup to get the distances etc sorted. Then:
1. Select "setup"
2. Select "speakers"
3. Select "manual setup"
4. Speaker config. Floorstander (FS110 up) = Large / Everything else = small (FR and FC models)
5. Set Levels Front +2 / Centre +6 up to +10 / Rear +6 / Ceilings +8 (or leave them the way the mic set it although I prefer the personalized settings
6. a) Crossovers - Set all to 80hz IF YOU ARE USING AN ACTIVE SUB
b) Individual settings - set front to 40hz if you are not using a sub
7. Bass - Set to LFE + main (with subwoofer) LPF 120hz
1. Select PURE on the remote - Press pure on the remote until it shows "Direct" this will play the recording- music or movie STRAIGHT from the source's signal
In other words it will automatically switch to the best DSP mode - Stereo for music - DOLBY for Movies.
If the movie is 5.1 it will switch to Dolby Digital 5.1 - if the movie is 7.1 it will switch to DTS or whatever the movie is recorded in.
MAKE SURE ALL EQ and AUDEYSSEY modes are set to OFF